A Two Day Tour of Southern Georgia
Saturday April 26th and Sunday 27th 2014
$100 Early Registration $125 After Feb 28th
What’s New in 2014?
New Start Finish
- In 2014 all versions of TOSRV South will start and end from Cairo, GA.
- We’ve hotels closer to the finish line so riders can cycle to their hotel if they wish and will allow for quicker hotel shuttles.
Luggage delivery to Hotels
- In 2014 we will deliver luggage to your hotel instead of the finish line
Improved Shuttle Service
- Continuous shuttles from 2 pm to 10 pm, More Vans Available and shorter travel time
- The Dirt and Metric Routes remain the same as last year but we’ve changed the Std Route to accommodate the new start line in Cairo
New Rest Stop Food and Menu
- Local Tallahassee native Lori Finn has taken on the responsibility of feeding our hungry riders for TOSRV 2014. She is working hard on a new menu for our meals and rest stops. Expect to see a few of your old favorites and some new treats as well.
TOSRV Dirt is Back!
75 riders tackled our first annual off road double last year and the feedback we got was great!
At 75 miles each day the route is certainly challenging and not everyone choose to complete both days of the dirt ride. Only the truly fit and determined were up to challenge with some riders choosing to leave the dirt route and use the paved option.
This year we have kept the same great routes and look forward to another great year of our Dirt Road Double Metric Century!
Preliminary route maps are up on Ride with GPS. The Std Century Routes have been changed to accommodate the new start location in Cairo.
Routes are still being developed and are subject to change.
We have changed our event hotels for 2014. We have chosen 3 hotels that are very near to Chehaw Park so the shuttle times will be very short and riders can cycle to their hotels from the park if they wish.
Best Option - Super 8 Albany
- 4.3 miles from Chehaw Park
- $45 TOSRV Rate
- use confirmation # 56090921
- reserve before April 12th
Knights Inn Albany
- 4.1 Miles from Chehaw Park
- $40 TOSRV Rate
- 15 Double Available
- Mention TOSRV when you call
America’s Best Value Inn
- 4.5 Miles from Chehaw Park
- $50 Double Room
Chehaw Park Campground – located at the Day 1 finish line
105 Chehaw Park Rd, Albany, GA 31701
- $10 per tent
- RV Hookups available
- Hot Showers
- Campfires Allowed
- Please book your campsite directly with the Park
This year we will deliver luggage directly to the event hotels. Rider can then choose to ride to the hotel or can store their bike at the finish line and take a shuttle to the hotel. It is important that you label your luggage clearly with the name of your hotel in order for the delivery service to work properly. Luggage will be delivered only to the event hotels listed above.
Shuttle Service to Hotels
Effective shuttle service has proved a challenge in the past. This year we have taken several steps to improve our shuttle service:
- Event hotels are closer, allowing for shorter travel times
- 4 Vans have been hired to facilitate quicker pick ups and fewer trips
- Shuttle will run continuously from 2 pm to 10 pm
Shuttles will only provide service to the event hotels listed above.
Volunteer One Day – Ride One Day Free
Interested in riding TOSRV but also want to help out? Anyone who volunteers to help one day on TOSRV can register for one day at no cost. We will send all volunteers a discount code for registration in late March.
To Qualify for a free one day ride:
You must volunteer on April 26th or 27th, 2014
The exception to this is Route Marking
You must Volunteer for one of these positions
Rest Stop Volunteer – 38 positions
SAG Driver – 8 positions
Luggage Delivery – 4 positions
Finish Line Volunteer – 4 positions
Route Marking – before the tour – 4 positions
Sign Placement / Route Marking – Day of Ride – 8 positions
You must be able to work out your own transportation
We will assist with this but it is your responsibility
The Kids On Bikes Program
Proceeds from TOSRV South help fund the Capital City Cyclists Kids on Bikes Program.
Kids on Bikes has three important components:
- We Support the teaching of bicycle safety in local elementary schools
- Provide trained interns to assist PE teachers teaching the FTBSEP bike safety curriculum
- Provide bikes and helmets to each school in the program (45 bikes and helmets)
- Currently supporting 14 schools in Leon County
- Trips for Kids
- CCC is an official Trips for Kids chapter
- Host weekly MTB rides for at risk youth
- Host Bike Rodeos at local events
- Kidical Mass
- Provide a safe environment for kids and parents to learn and practice bike safety
Saturday April 26th and Sunday April 27th
Cost: $100 Early Registration
$125 after Feb 28th
Included with Registration:
- Well Marked Route and Cue Sheet, GPS tracks also available
- SAG, Mechanical and Medical Support
- Luggage Transport (limited to one 90 liter bag per person)
- Accommodations in Albany (camping at Chehaw Park)
- Shuttle to Event Hotel if needed
- 2 cooked meals and 2 rest stops each day (we’re pretty famous for our great food)
- Finish Line Dinner on day one
- Beer and Social on day 1
- Event T-shirt (if you register before April 3rd)
Contact the TOSRV South team for more information: