The Foundation for Leon County Schools invites you to their annual Schools Stomping Out Type-2 Diabetes event to be held at Tom Brown Park on Saturday, February 25, 2012. They will have 1mi/5K runs, mountain bike races, and other fun-filled activities.
5k Run – 8:30 am
Bike Races – 9:00 am
Celebrity Activity Centers – 9:00 am – Noon
Family Fun 1 Mile Walk – 10:00 am
Fishing Derby – 10:30 am
Free Health Information!
Fun for the whole family!
Come to the park for an exciting morning of fun, entertainment and activities including:
- LCS faculty kickball tournament
- Celebrity coaches and athletes from FSU and FAMU
- Musicians and dance teams
- Fun fitness & health education activities provided by Premier Health & Fitness Center, Tallahassee Memorial
- HealthCare and Community Partners
- Fire Fighters Awareness Center
- Lunch provided by Tropical Smoothie for registered participants at 11 am.
Sign up early at your public school to help your school win the Stomp School Participation Award. Help create community awareness, raise funds to support wellness programs in public schools, and STOMP OUT TYPE 2 DIABETES!
Visit http://www.foundationforlcs.com/stompingout.html for additional details.