Wow what a first quarter of 2012! It is already May and the last presidents paceline was back in February – where does the time go… We have been busy and done so much in just over 4 short months! Follow are the highlights:
- TOSRV was a success with about 200 riders and next years event is already set for April 20-21 2013 and will be even better!
- We have a new club website and brochure http://www.cccyclists.org/TrifoldBrochure2012.doc.
- We have the highest membership count in years and new members are still joining every week.
- Continued work by our advocacy committee including ongoing meetings with the city/county planning on making the our bike route network official and work with the Ton2 KCCI group on establishing a city/county/CRTPA recognize bicycle advisory committee as a unified established platform for cyclists to engage our local government.
- National Bike Month activities have been planned for May – check em out at http://www.cccyclists.org/?page_id=10572. A big thanks to Karen Lowen and other volunteers!
- 501c3 paperwork is done (man what a lot of details to gather and a special thanks to Laurie Koburger for getting our last 3 years of financials documented!) We anticipate submitted in the package to the IRS before June.
I have likely forgotten something but wanted to go ahead and get something out to everyone to keep you informed 🙂
More exciting club updates are coming so spread the word, get involved, and continue to have fun with bicycles!
Capital City Cyclists