Help Shape Florida’s Greenways and Trails Vision
Provide input on the new Florida Greenways and Trails System Plan
The Florida Department of Environmental Protection is seeking your input regarding the new vision for the Florida Greenways and Trails System (FGTS). A new FGTS Plan is being developed to establish priorities and define the role of the FGTS in advancing Florida’s economy, tourism, health, alternative transportation, recreation, conservation and quality of life. This is the first new FGTS Plan since adoption of the original in 1999 by the Florida Legislature.
The draft Plan and Maps are now available for your comments on the Office of Greenways and Trails website. In addition, attend one of the open houses listed below to comment on the FGTS Plan, as well as the Statewide Comprehensive Outdoor Recreation Plan (SCORP) and the U.S. Forest Service’s Florida National Scenic Trail (FNST) Route Designation.
Join us at one of these Open Houses
- Tallahassee – Wednesday, Sept. 12, 4-7 p.m., Florida Dept of Transportation Headquarters
- Panama City Beach – Thursday, Sept. 13, 4-7 p.m. (Central), Panama City Beach Senior Center (FGTS and FNST only)
- Palatka – Tuesday, Sept. 18, 4-7 p.m., Ravine Gardens State Park (FGTS and FNST only)
- Sanford – Saturday, Sept. 22, 10 a.m. – 2 p.m., Central Florida Zoo and Botanical Gardens
- Sarasota – Tuesday, Sept. 25, 4-7 p.m., Sarasota County Public Works
- Boca Raton – Wednesday, Sept. 26, 4-7 p.m., Sugar Sand Park Community Center
For more information about the FGTS Plan and Maps, contact Samantha Browne by email Samantha.Browne@dep.state.fl.us or phone at (850) 245-2052.
[image title=”” size=”” align=”center” lightbox=”false” group=”” link=”” width=”600″ height=”0″ autoHeight=”true” quality=”75″ frame=”false” link_class=”” underline=”true”]http://www.cccyclists.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/image001.png[/image]