Capital City Cyclists is proud to announce that former 7-time Tour de France winner, Lance Armstrong will be participating at this year’s TOSRV on April 20-21, 2013. Since being banned from racing over a year ago, Armstrong has gone on tour to participate in as many charity rides as possible to show folks that he is the best cyclists ever.
“There are Strava segments and KOMS everywhere, and someone has to be #1,” stated Armstrong, “doing all these organized rides are a great way to knock out a lot of strava segments.”
Tour director and long-time Armstrong fan, Paul McManus was very influential in bringing Armstrong to TOSRV. “I kept getting these phone calls from this Paul dude,” explained Armstrong, “I finally answered and he started babbling on about how much fun TOSRV would be and that it including all your meals for the ride, rest stops, t-shirts and free camping in Chehaw Park with alpacas.”
What really swayed Armstrong’s decision to participate in TOSRV is all the great things Capital City Cyclists is doing with the Kids on Bikes program to encourage and growing cycling among the youth. “Cycling is a life long passion of mine, the future of cycling is in our youth, and it is great to see a community do so much to help kids find the joy in cycling,” stated Armstrong, “I can’t wait to do my part and do the TOSRV ride.”
Be sure to join Lance Armstrong and Capital City Cyclists on April 20-21st for TOSRV. For more information go to http://www.cccyclists.org/tosrv/
- It is Free! – Yup, camping at Chehaw Park is included in your TOSRV registration, and your wallet is $80 happier from the money you saved from getting a hotel. Both indoor and outdoor camping is available, and there is plenty of shower options for after the ride.
- Party like an Animal – Chehaw park is the official finish to Day 1 of TOSRV and the start to Day 2. Dinner and drinks will be served here, along with some entertainment. Trust me, this is the place to be after a long adventurous ride with your companions.
- Party with the Animals – The Wild Animal Park boasts over 212 specimens, representing 55 species of wild animals. Exhibits include African black rhino, American bald eagle, lemurs, meerkats, zebras, cheetahs and many more. Enjoy all of the exhibits Chehaw has to offer as you stroll through the scenic boardwalks and cypress swamp.
- More Biking! – Chehaw Park is home to 7.8 miles of singletrack mountain bike trails. Plus they have a NBL certified BMX Racing Track that is open to the public. Trail Maps: http://www.chehaw.org/PDF/ChehawBikeTrails.pdf
- It is for the Kids! – TOSRV is a fundraising event for all the programs that Capital City Cyclists run, including the Kids on Bikes program where we teach over 3,000 elementary kids bicycle safety skills and drills and take over 200 disadvantage kids out mountain biking! Be sure to sign up today at http://www.cccyclists.org/tosrv/