BLUE LINE 100
MARCH 24, 2012 at 8:00am in MICCOSUKEE, FLORIDA
The Annual Blue Line 100 will take place on March 24th , 2012 at 8:00am. There will be a 100 mile Road Loop route and a Metric 100 (68 miles) road loop route. There will also be a 50 mile off road (mountain bike) ride through the beautiful hills around Miccosukee. Riders will leave from the Miccosukee Community Center at 8am and ride across the rolling hills into beautiful south Georgia. Then the route winds back south and ends at the Miccosukee Community Center where riders can enjoy a post-ride dinner and complimentary “smoothies.” The ride is fully supported with periodic food stops.
You may register on-line at active.com. Registration is only $30.00. Walk up registration on the day of the event will be available with a $5 late charge.
This ride is being sponsored by Team Tallahassee of The Police Unity Tour. Each year over 1200 Law Enforcement Officers cycle from Virginia Beach to Washington DC to raise awareness of Officers killed in the line of duty. To participate in this ride to the nation’s capital, each police officer must raise $1800. The proceeds of this local ride will raise funds needed to help send local officers that represent our state capital. To learn more about this effort, visit http://policeunitytour.com/.
For updates on the ride, please visit: http://www.olpbc.com/bluelineheroes.org/
[image title=”” size=”” align=”center” lightbox=”false” group=”” link=”” width=”600″ height=”0″ autoHeight=”true” quality=”75″ frame=”false” link_class=”” underline=”false”]http://www.cccyclists.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/header_01.png[/image]
Ride packets can be picked up at Higher Ground Bicycle Shop at 3185 Capital Circle NE, Tallahassee, Florida on Friday, March 23rd, from 10-6. You may also register at this time. On Saturday packets may be picked up at the start of the ride.
The Miccosukee Community Center is located at 13887 Moccasin Gap Road, Miccosukee, Florida .
- Homewood Suites, 2987 Apalachee Parkway, 850-402-9400.
- Hampton Inn, 2979 Apalachee Parkway, 850-309-1300.
- Cabot Lodge – North, off I-10, 2735 N Monroe St, 1-800-223-1964
- Ramada Conference Center, off I-10, 2900 North Monroe St
- Doubletree Hotel Tallahassee (Downtown Tallahassee)
101 S. Adams Street, 850-521-6006/800-222-8733
- Courtyard by Marriot, Tallahassee Capital
1018 Apalachee Parkway, 850-222-8822/800-321-2211
- Comfort Suites
1026 Apalachee Parkway, 850-224-3200
- Howard Johnson Express Inn
2726 North Monroe Street (I-10, exit 199)
- Staybridge Suites
1600 Summit Lake Drive, 850-219-7000
- Courtyard by Marriott, Tallahassee North
1972 Raymond Diehl Road, 850-422-1058
- Super-8 Motel
2801 North Monroe Street, 850-386-8286
- Wingate by Wyndham
2516 West Lakeshore Drive, 850-553-4400
- TownePlace Suites
1876 Capital Circle, 850-422-1058
All menus are designed to meet most vegetarian and non-vegetarian needs and are prepared with nutrition in mind. The BlueLine 100 is a bargain. Children under 7 may ride free with a participating adult. Meals include:
- Ride Snack Stops
- Post-ride meal
- Helmets are required.
- Participants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by an adult cyclist at all times and have a liability form signed by a parent or guardian. The minor must be within sight of the parent or guardian at all times during the ride.
- Refunds for 90% of the registration fee until March 21st. No refunds will be considered afer that date. The event will take place rain or shine.
- For More information please email Dave Ferrell at email@example.com.